1. you won’t know if its permanently sullied until you’ve picked it up and checked
2. a watch tells time. without a watch, nothing will be there to tell/remind you of the time that has passed so that you can appreciate it.
3.how much do you like the watch
4. will the watch reciprocate by telling the accurate time or has it been damaged already from the water.
5. how sullied is the watch? do you accept imperfect watches?
6. can the watch be cleaned at all?
7. are you willing to get dirty to pick up your watch?