Born and raised in Hong Kong, Jason Shum is bilingual in Chinese and English. He is currently a CS major at Brown and wants to go into the bioinformatics field. You can reach him at jason [dot] ch [dot] shum [at] gmail [dot] com
About this Blog
This blog started as a writing therapy project to help me navigate through the dark, emo teenage years. I’ve since switched to write more about philosophy-related subjects.
On my blog, there are some topics which I think are more unique:
- Studying computer science at a liberal arts college has given me some insight into how people perceive computer science. (all related posts)
- Having grown up in Hong Kong and the opportunity to move back and forth between USA and China, I have a unique perspective into the differences between the two countries, economies, cultures and the people. (all related posts)
- The philosophical underpinnings of economics and insights into buiness (all related posts)
- Theory of knowledge. (all related posts)
If you’re interested into my more “musing” type blog posts, I’ve written about
- World View
- Going to college and its frustrations
- Metaphysics. what life is all about
and finally, some of the more memorable posts which I remember writing,
Life is meaningless. Get over it. You suck. Get used to it. Now try to be a better person.
what life is, emotional resilience. human imperfection. adaptability. try.